Yes, I know . . . most of you probably don't even check this blog anymore! I guess I'll have to send an email telling everyone it's been updated! I finally made it to the 21st century and got high-speed internet. That makes uploading photos a lot easier!!
Well, our lives are hectic, of course, but whose aren't?! We've finished up the school year and are taking a bit of a breather, well, trying. June wasn't too bad, and July's been a little busy, but not too much. Things are forever changing in the Mathews household, so here's a little update.
First of all, Cagan and Coley finished up the 2007-08 school year with flying colors. Coley had the 2nd most AR points in the entire school! Cagan has learned all kinds of things this year, and I'm so impressed at the foundation he has after just going through Pre-K. He's so smart and eager to learn. We've been going through a reading program, and he can already read a few short words. He's so excited!
Colt isn't doing much of anything now, except being cute and little ornery. He pics up phrases really quick now, like "stupid computer" (hmm, hmm, wonder where he heard that?) and "oHH-tay!" (said just like Buckwheat on the Little Rascals, hand motions and all!). He's too precious! His favorite phrase (and mine) is "I love you, Mommy". I hear it about 20 times a day!
Cason is cruising good now and climbing on any and everything. He's also a little pig, literally. . . He finishes his dinner, then climbs up to the table after the boys are finished to finish off theirs, too. He's a stubborn child (gets that from his daddy). He refuses to talk, except to tell the brothers "go away" or "stop" or "no, no". Oh, well, what can you expect from #4?
As for Ryan, Mathews Mechanical is off to a great start! We are thrilled to finally see some fruits of our, hmm, Ryan's labor. Ryan has lost count of the number of complete systems he's put in this year, and he's got contracts on two houses being built this year. God has really blessed us by throwing Ryan more work than he can handle. He finally has a couple of good helpers, at least, for the summer. He has a high school kid and Coley helping him right now, and the three work great together.
I'm staying busy, although I've completed (and given up) my jobs in sorority and PTO. I have a new hobby, though, which could probably keep me as busy as I want it, too. I am a learning photographer. I will post some of the pics I've done of the boys this summer. Tell me what you think. I will also have a new job starting in August. I'm going to be a teacher, only this position costs me money, but the rewards are huge! Starting this year, I will be homeschooling Coley, Cagan, and Colt. Ryan is so supportive, and I'm thrilled (never thought I'd say that)! I'm loving the lesson planning and preparing, and I look forward to spending more time with my older kids. Coley's excited, and he will be not only going to school but working with Ryan a few afternoons a week. Cagan's old enough to go with Ryan some, too, so he'll get to spend time with him a little, also. I'm so excited that they are going to get to have so much time with Ryan that they wouldn't have otherwise. I know some of you think I'm crazy-homeschooling 4 kids (and until I get my house built-you maybe right!)-but I relish getting to spend more time with them. They are growing up so fast!
As for the house, we've taken a couple of big steps recently. We closed on our land on Tuesday, and our plans are being drawn up as we speak. I can't wait to see what Holly comes up with! I feel like we're finally making some progress.
I know I say this everytime, but maybe it won't be 6 months before I post again. Hope you all have a great summer!
2 comments:
Yea!! Isn't high-speed internet wonderful? I've been meaning to call you. I miss you guys!! I'll cal this week...
Hey! Cara and Robyn are both doing the photography thing, too. Go to my blog and you'll find their blogs. They may have ideas for you.
Post a Comment